If you are a golf enthusiast or player, you are well aware that ping golf irons are valuable piece of equipment. It is also a wise investment. Most of ping irons are durable since it can last for as long as it can if well-maintained.
To keep the irons’ shine and gloss, you must clean it regularly. On the other hand, if you cannot maintain it along with your other golf equipment, it is better restoring them back to their original condition. You can make your golf clubs look good as new by spending some time putting on little amount of elbow grease. The following are steps in restoring your ping irons.
• Place the golf clubs on the surface area of a table. Make secure that you have sufficient work space on it. Inspect the golf clubs cautiously and then mark the areas that need repair using a tiny piece of masking tape. Remember to work on each club at a time.
• Then, mix the water and soap in a container. You can also use shampoo and dish detergent in replace of soap if ever it is unavailable.
• Dip the cloth into the pail with soap and water mixture and then wipe the club. Prior to wiping the club with the cloth, make sure that the head and face of the clubs are clean. You must gently clean it. Also, as soon as you notice the water on the pail looks dirty empty it and fills it up again with clean water mixed soap. Consider using wired brush in cleaning the clubs’ grooves. Keep checking on the areas that possibly need restoration.
• To sharpen and even the damaged areas on your ping irons, carefully inspect the grooves. The shaper your grooves, the better and accurate spin you can do during a golf game than without grooves. Using a grooving tool, slowly clean it with smooth strokes and light pressure. You may do this until you see a regular path on the grooves.
• Tone the sole of the golf irons. Transfer the buffer over your irons’ sole with a strong and steady motion until it is polished. After doing this, cover in the identification number of iron on your club by using paint and paint brush. Fill in the numbers with paint to make them visible again. Quickly wipe any spilled paint and let it dry for a minimum on one day.
• After one day, re-check your iron to make sure if there is any spot that needs to be repainted. When you finish it, clean and shine your clubs based on the Ping maintenance manual.